Careers in children's social work
We have a range of social work roles for managers and practitioners available, you can view our current vacancies on our vacancies webpage.
It is an exciting time to join us as we continue to embed relationship-based practice, putting children at the centre of everything that we do.
We promote the best outcomes for children by focusing on relationships with and within families, as well as strong partnerships with our multi-agency partners and staff teams.
We are expanding our social work teams and Early Help offer to work alongside you, and the families you work with, with a workforce strategy that supports this. We have invested in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
We are proud to offer a number of routes to employment within children's social care and we have a variety of roles whether you're starting your social work career or returning after an extended break.
Our pledge to you
We'll support you to flourish in social work and be the best you can, delivering a high-quality social work service and working closely with professionals from a range of agencies to improve the lived experience of children.
All qualified social workers are entitled to five days of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) each year. We have a tailored social care training programme aligned with the Continuous Professional Framework, as well as multi-agency safeguarding training from our safeguarding partnership. Learning includes:
- face to face events - a mix of taught sessions, workshops, conferences and briefings
- digital - including online learning and subscriptions
- a coaching approach - supporting the development of staff by bringing learning into the workplace
- sharing of lessons learned - operational experience, review recommendations and evidence of good practice
- shadowing and secondment opportunities
Assessed and Supported Year in Employment development programme
We are expanding our current Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (AYSE) offer, with a focus on high quality bespoke and group learning.
In addition to excellent career progression opportunities, with a clear and supported development path, we also offer agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies, that have a work-life balance at their core. As well as the usual employee benefits you'll get:
- reimbursement of your Social Work England registration fee
- robust professional development, including 5 CPD days every year
- progression based on your readiness, not team quotas
- regular, high-quality case and reflective supervision
- great admin support for your paperwork
- a contracted provider to facilitate supervised contacts
- a workload management system
- a paid subscription to Community Care Inform Children
- clear and supported career progression