Toggle menu

Customer feedback and complaints

We are committed to listening to our customers and ensuring that their comments and feedback help to drive our service improvements. If you've received a good service from a member of staff or if you think we could have done things better, we want to hear from you.

You can submit positive feedback, a comment (such as a suggestion or general feedback) or make a complaint by completing our online form.

Submit a customer feedback or complaints form

Alternatively, you can email or telephone on 01642 527521 between 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. You can write to us at: Information Governance Team, Information and Improvement, Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council, Municipal Buildings, Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1LD. 

For more information about the process for submitting positive feedback, comments or complaints, view our customer feedback and complaints policy.

Make a complaint

Complaints about Adult Services

If you want to complain about a service provided by Adult Services it may be dealt with under the Adults Statutory Complaints process. Your complaint will be reviewed to understand which process is appropriate. 

Complaints about a contractor of a service

If you have a complaint to make regarding a service which is delivered on behalf of the Council by a contractor or third party provider, in most circumstances, if they have their own complaints procedure, the Council would welcome the opportunity for them to put it right. If however you feel that you are unable to discuss the matter with the contractor or have not received a response from them, the Council will consider whether your complaint is appropriate to be considered under this procedure. You will be advised directly of the Council's consideration of the best course of action.

Complaints about Children's Services

If you wish to complain about services provide to you or your family by Children's Services you can do this by contacting our team using the contact details above. Complaints relating to services provides to a child may be dealt with under the Children's Statutory Complaints process. Your complaint will be reviewed to understand which process is appropriate. 

Support to make your complaint

If you want to share your views with the Council about a service we provide, but need some support to do this, you can ask someone to act as your 'advocate'. An advocate is someone who can support you to express your views and wishes, and can help you to raise a concern or make a complaint. They can contact the Council on your behalf if you agree to them doing so. The Council will only discuss your concerns with an advocate after you have given your consent for us to do so.

An advocates' role is to listen to your views and concerns and help you to explore your options. They can provide information to help you make an informed decision, accompany you to meetings and contact us on your behalf. An advocate should not give their personal opinion, try to make decisions for you or make judgements about you. 

Professional advocacy services can be accessed through some organisations and charities. Friends, family and carers can also act as an advocate.

Below are the details of some advocacy services that are available:

Unhappy with the Councils handling of your complaint?

Should you be unhappy with the way the Council has dealt with your complaint you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.