Warm Homes Healthy People
Cold temperatures can have a serious impact on your health and are linked to a number of health conditions including respiratory disease, strokes, falls and flu. Keeping warm and healthy during the cold weather can help keep illness away.
Working with the Cleveland Fire Brigade and Stockton and District Advice and Information Service, we can help with:
- emergency heating
- energy saving and debt advice
- welfare benefits advice and assistance
- advice and support to help keep you healthy and more able to cope with cold weather
To apply or for further information please call 01642 528215.
This scheme is for boiler repairs only. If your boiler cannot be repaired, please view details of current Energy saving schemes.
The scheme is only available to homeowners with gas central heating systems, living in the borough of Stockton-on-Tees.
Subject to inspection, some repairs may incur a charge, or we may ask for a contribution towards the cost of the work. Some repairs may also be considered ineligible based on the boiler's age, condition and performance.
For air source heat pump or electric storage heater repairs you should contact the original installer or manufacturer for assistance.
You may be eligible for a repair if you are the homeowner and claiming a means-tested benefit:
- Council tax reduction
- income-based employment support allowance
- income-based Job Seekers allowance
- income support
- pension guarantee credit
- universal credit
- working tax or child tax credit (with an annual income of £16,190 or less)
And you are any of the following:
- 65 or over
- under 65 and in receipt of disability benefits
- under 65 and have a long term illness made worse by the cold or live with a child (under 5) who has a long term illness made worse by the cold
- living with Dementia
Find out if you are eligible and apply online:
In a heating emergency outside of office hours, contact the Cleveland Fire Brigade on 01429 874063, who can provide heaters and other equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact Warm Homes Healthy People
If you would like advice or further information please call 01642 528215.
Opening hours are :
- Monday to Thursday - 8:30am to 5pm
- Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
This scheme runs from 2 October 2023 to 31 March 2024.