What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship allows you to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training with academic learning. You will be employed by us to do a real job, gaining valuable work experience while earning a wage and studying for a formal qualification.
What we offer our apprentices
We have an excellent history of delivering successful apprenticeships and many of our apprentices have gone on to secure permanent roles within the Council. We will provide:
- a fixed term contract to enable completion of your apprenticeship qualification
- a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time apprentices)
- a wellbeing package which includes free access to physiotherapy and counselling services, discounted gym membership, and much more
- continuous support from your manager and training provider
- a dedicated mentor to help you in your chosen career
- a wage paid at the end of each month, above the national apprenticeship rate of pay
Who we are looking for
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people who want a rewarding career and a chance to support the people of our borough. We expect our apprentices to be committed towards their own learning and personal development, and to achieve their qualification. It will be hard work, but in return we offer a supportive environment where we encourage you to reach your full potential. Apprenticeships help us identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce, increase diversity in the workplace and help us to deliver our ambitious plans.
What apprenticeships are available?
All our job vacancies, including our apprenticeship opportunities, are advertised on our job vacancies page.
For further information about our apprenticeship opportunities contact our Human Resources team on 01642 528277 or email email@example.com.