Privacy Notice - Employment and Training Hub
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is a registered data controller and we collect and use information personal to you in accordance with data protection legislation.
This webpage outlines what you can expect from us when you provide us with your personal information during and after your involvement with the Employment and Training Hub. The term 'processing' describes everything that can be done with your personal information including collection, recording, storage, disclosure, erasure and destruction.
Why are we asking for your information and how will we use the information about you?
We process your personal information to enable us to deliver our day-to-day services to you and respond to any queries. We collect special category (sensitive) personal information with your consent.
We use your personal information to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the job opportunities
- communicate with you about recruitment processes
- communicate with you about training courses
- check you have the necessary permission to work in the UK
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- access funding from third parties like apprenticeships
When we collect 'special categories of personal data', (such as health, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc.) we may rely on the following bases:
- processing is necessary for the delivery of duties in the Employment and Training Hub
- explicit consent of the data subject
- processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another individual
We may also use your personal information where:
- we need to protect your, or someone else's vital interests
In limited circumstances we may approach you for your consent to allow us to process certain personal information. You have no obligation to give your consent to the processing or sharing of personal information or special category information and if you do give consent you may withdraw it at any time.
Who will use your information?
In some instances, we may share your information with other services within the Council as part of service delivery or because we are legally required to do so.
We may also share your information with external organisations as part of service delivery or because we are legally required to do so.
An example of this would include sharing information with other Local Authorities or agencies, health organisations, Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to prevent fraud, with Police in relation to prevention and detection of crime or with other Councils in relation to the safeguarding of children.
By registering at Stockton-on-Tees Employment and Training Hub your data will be shared with Redcar and Cleveland Training and Employment Hub in order to benefit from employment and training opportunities in the Redcar and Cleveland district. Your data will only be shared with your consent and consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying Stockton-on-Tees Employment and Training Hub. Refusal to provide or withdrawing your consent will only affect the sharing of data with Redcar and Cleveland Training and Employment Hub, and will not affect the service you are provided by Stockton-on-Tees Employment and Training Hub.
Images from events may be shared on social media sites or used in publicity materials but only where we have received your consent. We will not share any of the information you provide with any third parties for marketing purposes.
What personal information do we hold about you?
Depending on the needs of the service and the purpose of processing, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- identity (full name, date of birth, gender)
- contact details (address, email address, telephone numbers)
- social data (lifestyle information, housing needs)
- business activities (employment, licences and permits held)
- education history
- employment history
- income history
Under certain circumstances we may need to collect and process the following special categories of personal data:
- medical (physical or mental health details)
- racial or ethnic origin
- trade union membership
- offences (including alleged offences)
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- genetic data or biometric data
How long we will keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, and in line with the Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council Retention Schedule. For further information, please contact us.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
You have the right to request the following in relation to the personal information we hold. Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right:
- to request a copy of the information the Council holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies or incomplete information corrected
- to have your personal data erased (also known as the right to be forgotten)
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
If you would to like to exercise any of the rights outlined above please email the Information Governance Team. If you would like further information about your rights to your information, please visit the Information Governance webpages.
What happens if I don't provide you with my personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, it may not be possible to deliver our services to you or respond to your requests or queries.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to contact us
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's Data Protection Officer is Martin Skipsey.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like more information about how we process your personal information, please contact the Information Governance team in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01642 527521.
If you remain unhappy about the way in which we have handled your personal information or dealt with your concerns, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office through the Information Commissioner's Office website or by using the following details:
Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Fax: 01625 524 510