Concessionary Bus Pass
A Concessionary Bus Pass allows you to travel free of charge anywhere within the Tees Valley (Stockton, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Hartlepool and Redcar and Cleveland) between 9.30am and 11pm on weekdays and at any time on weekends.
Journeys starting before 9.30am Monday to Friday have a fixed fare of 30p.
You can travel anywhere in England as long as they are part of the ENCT scheme. If you travel outside the listed areas you may be charged full price before 9.30am or after 11pm.
Am I eligible for a Concessionary Bus Pass?
You may qualify for a Concessionary Bus Pass if you:
- are of pensionable age, you can check if you are eligible using the pension age calculator
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability or an injury which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability (a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning)
- would have an application to drive a motor vehicle refused due to your disability (other than on the ground of misuse of drugs or alcohol)
- in receipt of Personal Independence Payment with 8 points or more on communication or 8 points or more on moving around.
- in receipt of high rate of mobility (Disability Living Allowance).
How to apply
To apply for a Concessionary Bus Pass phone 01642 528499.
If you are eligible, you will need to provide the following evidence:
- proof that you live in the Stockton-on-Tees Borough such as a bank statement, utility bill or prescription which must be dated within the last three months
- proof of your date of birth such as birth certificate, passport, driving licence (if you are eligible on the grounds of age)
- evidence in support of your disability if applicable
- passport-style photo of yourself
Submit this evidence by:
- email - email@example.com
- post - Bus Team, Stockton Central Library, Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1TU
After you have completed your application, you should receive your pass in the post within 10 working days. Passes are not available for collection from our Customer Services Centres because they are produced by an external provider.
Your bus pass is not transferable and it is against the law for anyone to give their pass to friends or relatives to use. Bus drivers will seize any pass presented by anyone other than the pass holder and cases of fraud will be reported the police.
Renewing a Concessionary Bus Pass
We will send renewal letters to all concessionary bus pass holders six to eight weeks before their pass is due to expire. The letters will be sent to the address you provided us with and will provide instructions on how to apply for a new pass.
Lost or Stolen Concessionary Bus Passes
Phone 01642 528499 to apply for a replacement pass.
There is a replacement charge of £5 for lost passes (this rises to £10 for every further loss) and payment can be taken over the phone with a debit or credit card. If your pass has been stolen, provide a crime reference number and it will be replaced free of charge.