Toggle menu

Apply for a driveway crossing

A driveway crossing, sometimes known as a dropped kerb is needed for vehicular access to a property or business to prevent both damage to the footway and the vehicle crossing the footway.

How to apply

To apply for a quote from the council to add a driveway crossing to your property complete the following application. This form should be completed by the property owner.

Apply for a driveway crossing

If you want to use a private contractor

You can hire a private contractor to carry out the work to provide a driveway crossing but certain criteria must be met before the work can commence, including applying for an 'Opening Up licence' - contact the team using or phone 01642 391959 for advice before proceeding with the work. 

It is illegal to place materials or ramps in the street to create a driveway crossing.