Toggle menu

Complain about a high hedge

We can handle complaints received under the high hedges legislation.

You can complain to us if you cannot resolve a dispute with a neighbour over a hedge that is:

  • 2 or more mostly evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs
  • over 2 metres tall
  • affecting your enjoyment of your home or garden because of its height

How to make a complaint

You must try to settle the issue with the owner of the site where the hedge is before you come to us. We will ask for evidence of your attempts to resolve the issue as part of your complaint form.

You must also be the owner or occupier of the property affected by the high hedge.

If you do not own the property, you should let the owner know before lodging a complaint.

Submit a high hedges complaint form


The fee for making a high hedges complaint is £350.