We will register a homeless application for anyone who is homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.
Contact us if you are homeless or you think you are at risk of homelessness.
What you can expect from us
As part of your homeless application, we will consider whether:
- you are eligible
- you are already homeless or if you are at risk of being homeless within 56 days
- you have a priority need, for example have dependent children
- you are intentionally homeless
- you have a local connection within the Borough
If your application is successful, we will work with you to create a personal housing plan.
We cannot support you if you have no recourse to public funds because of your immigration status. There are several charities and organisations in the Borough who can provide support if you have no recourse to public funds.
Your personal housing plan
Your personal housing plan will outline what is expected of you and the Council. You must follow the steps outlined in your plan to continue to receive our support. If you do not, the Council is no longer required to help you.
What we need from you
We have provided a list of examples of useful documents that we need for your initial assessment. Try to provide as many documents as possible that are relevant to your situation.
Proof of identity
- Full birth certificate
- Full British birth certificate for each of your children
If you have already lost your home
- Notice seeking possession from your private landlord
- A letter from the National Asylum support service (NASS)
- Possession order or Warrant of Eviction issued by a County Court
If you receive benefits
- Bank statements showing universal credit payments
- Confirmation letter or a benefit book from the Department of Work and Pensions or HMRC
- Child benefit confirmation
Your medical conditions
- Letters confirming medical condition and the medication you take
If you are pregnant
- Maternity records
- Hospital notes
- Antenatal book or notes showing your due date
Request to review your decision
If you are not satisfied with the decision that we have made on your application, you can contact us request a review.
During service hours: Service opening times: If the service is not open, contact the Emergency Duty team:
During service hours:
Service opening times:
If the service is not open, contact the Emergency Duty team: