If you do not have anywhere to live or you are at risk of losing your accommodation, we can help.
We can help most people who are homeless or at risk of losing their home.
Find out about what to do if:
- you need help tonight
- you are at risk of losing your home
- you are not eligible for our support
- you want to find new accommodation yourself
If you need help tonight
Contact us if you think you will be homeless tonight.
We will try to find a way to help you stay in your current accommodation. If this is not possible, we will help you to find somewhere else to stay. We may also refer you to other agencies who can provide further support.
If you are at risk of losing your home
Who is considered homeless?
Being homeless does not always mean that you have nowhere to live. You can also be classed as homeless if:
- you or a member of your family is at risk of violence in your current accommodation
- your landlord has stopped you living in your current accommodation
- it is unreasonable for you to stay in your current accommodation
- your accommodation is a houseboat or caravan and you have nowhere to put it legally
Contact us if you think you are homeless or you are at risk of losing your home.
If you are not eligible for our support
The council cannot support you if you have no recourse to public funds because of your immigration status. Your Biometric Residency Permit (BRP) will read "No public funds" if this applies to you.
If you are not eligible for our support because of your immigration status, try contacting organisations in the local area for help:
You might still be eligible for support from the Council if:
- you are at risk of domestic abuse
- severe weather would make it dangerous for you to be outside
Contact us if you think you are eligible for our support.
If you want to find accommodation yourself
Find information about the options available for finding accommodation by yourself:
During service hours: Service opening times are: Outside of these times including weekends, contact the Emergency Duty team on:
During service hours:
Service opening times are:
Outside of these times including weekends, contact the Emergency Duty team on: