Online library services, eBooks and computer facilities
We offer a range of online library services and have computer facilities in each of our libraries for members to use.
You need to become a library member to use most of the below services, visit our join a library page for information on how to apply for a membership.
On this page:
This service is available 24 hours a day to digital library members with your library card number and pin code. You can browse our library catalogue, extend loan periods on borrowed books, reserve items, download eBooks to your computer or mobile device and keep track of your library loans.
eBook and eAudio catalogues
If you are a digital library member you can borrow a wide range of eBooks and eAudiobooks at any time with your library card number and pin code.
Our overdrive catalogue includes a range of fiction and non-fiction eBooks and eAudiobooks from popular authors including for teenagers and young children.
- download up to 10 eBooks at a time to your home computer or mobile device
- loan any eBook for a maximum period of 21 days, (titles are automatically returned at the end of this loan period, so there are no late returns and no overdue items)
- view the catalogue on most eBook readers, apart from the Amazon Kindle (use Overdrive help website to check the compatibility of your device)
- access the catalogue on your mobile using Libby the Overdrive app
- access the Overdrive - Stockton eBooks and eAudiobooks catalogue from your PC
PressReader gives you access to digital newspapers and magazines to read in the library or at home with your library card number.
Popular publications from the UK and all around the world are available 24 hours a day and in 60 languages.
There are iOS, Android and Windows apps for accessing PressReader on your mobile or you can get access through your web browser on your computer.
Stockton Library App
Our Stockton Library app is free and available for iOS and Android users.
You can use it to:
- find, reserve or borrow items
- scan any title, anywhere
- view library locations and opening hours
- view library events
- view our Heritage pages
Regular service updates ensure you receive the latest information straight to your phone.
The Computer Suite
There are computers available in each of our libraries you can use if you have a full library membership.
This includes the Computer Suite on the first floor of Stockton Central Library.
- free access to the internet
- email facilities and MS Office
- free Wi-Fi access
- scanning facilities (we recommend booking if you need to use these by contacting the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01642 526522
We provide free one-to-one tutoring sessions for PCs and laptops including:
- an introduction to the internet
- basic computing
We also offer free tablet and eReader tutoring sessions, ask at your local library for further details. You do not need to have a membership to use this service.
You can also develop your digital skills for free by completing interactive online modules through the Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award.
For further information about any of our online library services, contact the team on email@example.com or 01642 526522.