Pathfinder 16 to 19 Bus Pass
A Pathfinder Bus Pass entitles you to unlimited half-price travel across Stockton, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Redcar and Cleveland and limited half-price travel across Darlington. Pathfinder applies to single and return tickets only, not day, week or season tickets.
Who can apply for a Pathfinder 16 to 19 Bus Pass?
To apply for a Pathfinder 16 to 19 pass you must:
- be 16 to 19 years old
- live in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees
How to apply
Apply for a Pathfinder 16 to 19 Bus Pass
The cost is £10 for the year (1 September to 31 August).
This cost is waived if you, or your parents/carers receive a qualifying benefit such as:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance Support
- Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (no income earned or working less than 16 hours per week)
You will need to provide:
- proof that you live in the Stockton-on-Tees Borough such as a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions regarding Child Benefits payments on behalf of the young person, a bank statement or a prescription which must be dated within the last three months
- proof of your date of birth such as a birth certificate, passport, driving licence
- passport-style photo of yourself
Submit this evidence by:
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- post - Bus Team, Stockton Central Library, Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1TU
Once your pass has been ordered, you should receive it in the post within 10 working days.
Your bus pass is not transferable, it is against the law for anyone to give their pass for friends and relatives to use.
Lost or stolen bus passes
Bus drivers will seize any pass presented by anyone other than the legitimate pass holder and cases of fraud will be reported to the police.
There is a replacement charge of £10 for lost passes. If your pass has been stolen, provide a crime number and it will be replaced free of charge.
Young people between 16 and 19 years who attend colleges and training courses across Tees Valley may qualify for half-price bus travel.
View the Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council Post 16 Transport Policy 2023-24 for more information.
If you are attending a specialist college outside the Tees Valley Area you may be able to get help with half-price travel depending on your circumstances, contact the Community Transport Team on 01642 527117 for more information.