Toggle menu

Settlement support

We can help to make your home a safe place to live if you have no other means of financial assistance.

As part of our back on track scheme, we offer support to help people live safely in their homes.

Support is given in the form of goods and services. We will not provide cash payments or payments into your bank account.

Support can include:

  • kitchen utensils
  • recycled white goods
  • recycled furniture

Who can apply?

You must:

  • be aged 16 or over
  • be a resident of the Borough or moving into the Borough as part of a planned resettlement
  • have a link to the area
  • have no other form of financial assistance from family, friends, your employer or other funding streams

You or your partner must also be entitled to one of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit and working less than 16 hours per week

You or your partner must require support with one of the following:

  • moving back into the community after a stay in supported or temporary accommodation or following an unsettled way of life - such as living in a hostel or sleeping on the streets
  • moving out of inappropriate accommodation
  • preventing a serious deterioration to your health within the home
  • staying in your home instead of moving into residential care or a hospital
  • costs resulting from exceptional pressures for you and your family such as the breakdown of relationships within the family, domestic violence, honour-based violence or forced marriage

You or your partner (if they live with you) must (one of the following):

  • have a serious physical health problem that you are receiving treatment for
  • have a dependent child who normally lives with you whose health and safety is at immediate risk
  • be at risk of homelessness
  • be affected by or at risk of domestic abuse, hate crime, honour-based violence or forced marriage
  • have a substance or alcohol misuse problem that you are receiving treatment for
  • be on probation or receiving support relating to your offending history
  • have a learning disability
  • have a physical or sensory impairment
  • have a mental health problem that you are receiving treatment for
  • be pregnant
  • require support with costs to ease exceptional circumstances for you and your family


How to apply

You can apply for support online.

Before you apply, make sure you have:

  • proof of your need, including an up-to-date bank statement
  • proof of your identity
  • proof of address
  • proof of qualifying benefits

Apply for settlement support online (opens new window)

If you cannot apply online, you can apply by phone by calling us on 01642 524180.

Our opening hours are:

  • Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
  • Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon