Toggle menu

Worried about a child?

If you have concerns that a child or young person is being abused or neglected, or that they may be at risk of harm, you should contact one of the following services.

To report a concern in office hours

The Children's Hub (Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees)

The Children's Hub provides information, advice and guidance on services and support for children, young people and families.

Telephone: 01642 130080


To report a concern outside of office hours

Emergency Duty Team

The Emergency Duty Team provides an out-of-hours response to emergency situations involving child protection, child care, mental health and other adult care service matters.

Telephone: 01642 524552 

In an emergency

In an emergency contact the Police on 999.

How we assess the need for help or protection

How to make a referral, the assessment process and the child protection procedures we follow.

Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP)

The work to protect children and young people from abuse and neglect is overseen by the Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP).

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon