If you provide false information or fail to declare a change in circumstances, you may be committing benefit fraud.
How we check the information you have supplied
All the information that you have supplied will be checked including:
- your income
- any capital that you have
- people who live in your household
- the amount of rent that is charged
We may visit you at home or write to you to check this information.
We may also cross check the information we hold against the information held by others such as:
- The Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- pension providers
Report suspected fraud
Housing Benefit fraud
You can also:
- contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440.
- write to National Benefit Fraud Hotline, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton, WV98 2BP
Council Tax Support fraud
To report suspected Council Tax Support fraud, you can:
- contact our team on 01642 393829
- email email@example.com
- write to Council Tax Support Investigation Team, Revenues and Benefits Service, PO Box 410, Stockton-on-Tees, TS23 2YD
If you need further help or advice contact us.